Thanks to our generous NYSSRA sponsors.
What’s New at NYSSRA
As of 2013-05-31
Are you looking for NYSSRA Nordic?
USSA Finals Women: Kenzi Dignes-BE, Tara Seigle-GO, Madison Muxworthy-BM, Katie Washburn-WM, Emily Saracene-GP, Gabrielle Slavny-HH, Sophie Sellstrom-HV, Emma Geiger-TG, Sierra Spring-GO, Kristen McDonough-NWS, Greta Muxworthy-BM, Emily Mason-TG
USSA Finals Men: Nick Barclay-BM, David Meola-GO, Jacob Combe-BE, Phillip Weeber-GO, Ned Feist-GO, Aiden Eiizondo-HV, West Tickner-PB, Peter Striegel-GO, Porter Hunt-HV, Christopher Brown-GP, Scott Vining-HV, Nicholas Wright-SG, Owen Reilly-NWS, Greg Merrill-BE, Max Webber-BM, Austin Benincasa-GO, Nicholas Sertl-BM, Jordan Roney-NWS
• U18 Teams to FIS Finals - Congratulations and good luck to the following athletes who will participate at FIS Eastern Finals.
In addition to our NYSSRA quota listed below, the following athletes in our State qualified as automatics to FIS Finals. They are: Christine Moloney-HV, Gibson Donnan-BM Kelton Donohue-NWS, Nick Petrocci-NWS, Luke Brust-BM, Jackson Burdett-NSA, Connor Kelly-BM and William Larosa from Canadian Quota-NWS
• Congratulations to NYSSRA Racers -
• USSA Certifications for '13 - USSA has updated your Fall Clinic certification information on their website.
For all U18/21 ECS selection races:
U16’s Note: Appearance on a “registration list” prior to the 5 day NYSSRA deadline does NOT ensure entry – you must check the final entry list published after the deadline.
U18’s Note: In light of this new process, entries received after the published deadline MAY NOT be accepted if the field size has been reached the published maximum.
U16 Coaches and Programs: Please give some thought to the proper development of your athletes and manage accordingly with respect to participation in scored races. Not all U16s should be competing in scored races – some should be encouraged to participate in their age class series with particular regards to SG.
2) NEW NYSSRA ruling: U16’s participating in ALL scored SG events MUST compete on skis that comply with the 2012/2013 FIS U16 (K2) SG specifications.
• FIS Membership (for athletes U18 and older - non-renewed alpine FIS athletes from the previous season) - Alpine FIS registration cost is $155. Athletes registering for FIS must also have a current USSA Alpine Competitor membership.
New: USSA Age Change initiative is below. Please take a minute to orient yourself prior to filling out our Membership Form - available now at Active.com. See blue button above.
• USSA Membership Categories for '12-'13
Competitor $150 - Required for all U16 (YOB 1998 and older) and above that wish to have USSA points.
Non-Scored Student $100 - Available for all U16 (YOB 1998 and older)and above that do not wish to have USSA points.
Youth $80 - For all U14 (YOB 1999 and younger) and below. The eastern region will not have any U14 scored events so there is no need for any U14 and below athletes to join with Competitor licenses.
A USSA competitor membership and membership in one state racing organization are required for all levels of scored racing in the Eastern Region.
Participation in qualifying events leading to regional championships events requires a valid USSA “Competitor” or “Youth” membership depending upon the age group.
• For RA's - Race Fees for '13 Season - If you are holding a race during the '12-'13 season this information is for you.
The only change from last year is USSA is charging $4 more for USSA Scored Races. Their amt has risen from $6 to $10.
Whiteface May 26th, 30 inches. Skiing the toll road.