News from the Desk
- Eastern Region Calendar of Events | 13 Nov 2017180701
- NYSSRA Quota entry request for FIS Development Races | 10 Nov 2017180701
This year NYSSRA has a state quota for entry to FIS Development Races only. Our quota is 3 for each Development Race. THESE SPOTS ARE FOR ATHELTES WITH USA FIS LICENSES ONLY. ATHELTES WITH CANADIAN OR OTHER FOREIGN FIS LICENSES MUST ENTER VIA THEIR HOME FEDERATION.
To apply for these NYSSRA Quota spots the athlete Coach must complete a form for any race below. BEFORE applying for these spots, the coach must also apply to the Eastern Region for entry via both Regular Entry and Development quota request. (This will make sure that all possible avenues to entry have been exhausted prior to using a NYSSRA quota spot) If we receive more requests than avalable spots, selections will be done using USSA points in the events being contested. For single discipline events we will use the most current USSA points list for that discipline when entries are due. For multi-discipline events we will use an NTSM of USSA points for the events being contested.
Please be sure to check the Development Series Ranking lists on the eastern region web site prior to requesting entry through the state quotas below.
The links below are for entry for NYSSRA Quota ONLY.
Dec. 17-20, 2017 Sunday River, Women 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/06/2017
Dec. 19-22, 2017 Sugarloaf, Men 2 GS, 2 SL View Intents Deadline 12/08/2017
Jan. 28 - Feb. 2 Sugarloaf, ME Men and Women Speed Week View Intents Deadline 1/21/2018
Feb. 9-10, 2018 Berkshire East Men 2 GS View Intents Deadline 1/29/2018
Feb 9-10, 2018 Mt. Sunapee Women 2 GS View Intents Deadline 1/29/2018
Feb. 20-23, 2018 NTL Winter Activity Cntr, NJ M&W, 3 SL View Intents Deadline 2/09/2018
- Eastern Region Head Tax Accounting Sheet | 2 Nov 2017180701
- Eastern Region Head Tax Form | 2 Nov 2017180701
- NYSSRA Membership Fees | 27 Oct 2017180701
U14 and Younger - $80
U16 and Older - $90
Coach/Official - $25
Late fee if paid after Oct. 15 - $25
- 2017-18 Alpine Equipment Regulations | 24 Oct 2017180701
- Announcement - U12 Fundamentals Camp - Gore and Holiday Valley, Dec. 9-10 | 18 Oct 2017180701
- Announcement - U14 Fundamentals Camp at Gore Nov 30 - Dec. 3 | 18 Oct 2017180701
- Competition Official Home Course and Quiz, 2017 | 18 Oct 2017180701
- Announcement - U16 Fundamentals Camp at Whiteface/Lyseks Dec. 7-10, 2017 | 17 Oct 2017180701
- U14 OTC Dryland Camp Report, 2017 | 10 Oct 2017180701
- U14 Physical Assessment Score sheet from OTC Camp, Sept, 2017 | 10 Oct 2017180701
- NYSSRA Custom Hats and Neck Warmers | 9 Oct 2017180701
ORDER YOUR CUSTOM NYSSRA HAT OR NECKWARMER TODAY!
NYSSRA is working with Skida - a company started by a former ski racer based in VT to make custom designed hats and neck warmers just for NYSSRA. These will provide NYSSRA athletes with high visibility at the Killington World Cup Athlete Parade on Sunday November 26. And besides - they just look cool!
Please order your hats or neck warmers now so we can ship them to you in early November when they arrive and you can have them for the parade of athletes at Killington. These items are affordable and they look great!
NYSSRA Custom Hat - $30 in two sizes (+$3 shipping per item) M for kids and most Women, L for most U16+ and adults (If you want more than one item, you can adjust quantity in your shopping cart just before you pay)
- 2017-18 Course Setting Matrix | 8 Sep 2017180701
- Fall 2017 Coaches and Officials Education Clinics | 6 Sep 2017171215
November 5, 2017 Windham Mountain, Update and RA, CR, CC, RF. $30 per person includes Lunch 9:30am
November 11, 2017 Brantling, Update and RA, CR, CC, RF. $30 per person includes Lunch 9:30am
December 14, 2017 Marriott Courtyard, 4243 Genesee St. Cheektowaga, NY (Buffalo Airport) Update Only 6:30pm - 9pm $30 per person
November 17-19 NYSSRA Coaches Education Symposium, OTC Lake Placid, NY This event will include an Officials Update.
You can sign up for Officials Clinics below using Paypal. (Note that anyone can use PayPal even if you don't have a PayPal account.)
Sign up for Officials Update only at Courtyard Marriott Buffalo Airport on Dec. 14 $30
- Summer Workout | 7 Jul 2017180701
- Report for NYSSRA/VARA U12 SL Camp @ West Mountain | 20 Apr 2017171231
- New USSA TD Report | 6 Jan 2017180701
- Race Packet Submission | 6 Dec 2016180701
- NYSSRA Head Tax Form | 15 Nov 2016180701
- USSA/NYSSRA Race Result Document Packet INFO | 15 Nov 2016180701
- New USSA Gate Judges Video (2016) Streaming via Vimeo | 1 Nov 2016180701
- Health Info Summary Form
- NYSSRA Waiver & Release
- Alpine Entry Card | 4 Aug 2015
- Alpine Entry Card | 4 Aug 2015
- NYSSRA Officials Expense Report | 4 Aug 2015
- ORDA Waiver191231
- NYSSRA code of conduct
- Jim Taylor – 'In Tragedy, Putting Ski Racing in Perspective' | 8 Jan 2015
- I Ski Racing Parent By Edie Thys Morgan | 13 Oct 2014
- Wise Wording by Edie Thys Morgan
- Battling Ski Racing Costs - by Edie Thys Morgan | 24 Aug 2014
- NYSSRA 2014 Spring Meetings
- U12 Development Committee minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- U14 Development Com Minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- U16 Development Committee Spring Minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- U18 Development Committee Spring Minutes | 26 Jun 2014
- Officials Forms for Season Work
- Independent NYSSRA Coach Submission Process
Requirements to apply for Independent NYSSRA Coach status:
- Email request to NYSSRA Program Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent coaches application will be assessed by NYSSRA Exec Com.
- Applicant must be current USSA/NYSSRA Coach/Official membership with USSA Ref 1 and/or USSA Level 100 or above at the time of submission.
- Applicant must participate with USSA/NYSSRA ongoing coaches ed program as outlined in the most current NYSSRA manual.
- Race Administrator Login